St. Michael's is a Voluntary Aided three-form entry secondary grammar school for girls. It was established in 1908 and the Trusteeship is under the control of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus. It became a Voluntary Aided Grammar School in September 1958. Boys were admitted to our 6th Form from September 2009.
The prime aim of the school is the formation of responsible and committed Catholic citizens. It seeks to encourage the highest standards in academic achievement, social responsibility and personal development in a specifically Catholic environment.
Headmaster: Mr M. Stimpson Chair of Governors: Mrs D. Quigley-Jones